Hey folks, it’s been a while. Busy preparing for PGCE but this is something that amused me and as I have Words to say on the issue figured now was the time to break the radio silence!
Saints Row IV –you all knew it would be about Saints Row now, didn’t you?!- has announced a new Special Edition of the game. Now I am a fan of special editions, especially on PC. I enjoy Stuff, so artbooks, soundtracks (OH the amount of games I’ve rebought just ‘cause it says Soundtrack Included!) and other physical goodies are awesome. I have a map of Skyrim on the wall behind my computer and I really have used my Fallout 3 Lunchbox as a Lunchbox!
So what has Saints Row done? Well it has gone and been Saints Row. In an effort to be the most insane, intense and mind-blowing that it can here are the contents to ‘the SUPER DANGEROUS WAD WAD Edition AKA THE MILLION DOLLAR PACK’.
- Saints Row IV: Commander in Chief Edition
- A full sized replica Dubstep Gun
- A full day of spy training
- A trip to space with Virgin Galactic
- One year’s membership of E25 Super Car Club and a Lamborghini Gallardo to make it worthwhile
- Plastic Surgery of the purchaser’s choice
- A shopping spree with a personal shopper to create the ultimate Planet Saints capsule wardrobe
- 7 nights for two at The Jefferson Hotel in Washington
- Hostage rescue experience
- A brand new Toyota Prius and insurance to give something back to the environment
- 7 nights stay in the Top Royal Suite at the Burj-al-arab with flights for two
Well I am glad the game is included! Looking at the screenshot of the pack it looks like it is the PC version of the game included (although at approx. £644,621 you’d imagine that you could have whichever version you wanted!) which is extra Awesome! But DAMN those are some insane extras! Trips to Abu Dhabi and Washington? Check. Fixing that face and new threads? Check. Weapons? Check. Supercar? Oh, Check! Going into Space?! CHEEEEECK!!!!
Incredible! Is this too far though? This is the thing that Deep Silver have got right with this. Saints Row is all about going too far, about pushing that boundary and keep pushing. Saints Row III was absolutely insane and I absolutely loved it! I was going to wait for Saints Row IV to come down in price before buying… Now though I am thinking of pre-ordering (a less insane version!) just simply because of the lengths they’ve gone to promote the game…
Final note; people who are interested in purchasing this Super Dangerous edition have been asked to email ‘email@example.com’ how Awesome is that?!